Mathew A. Johnson
Department of Mathematics
University of Kansas
405 Snow Hall
1460 Jayhawk Blvd
Lawrence, Kansas 66045
Office: 611 Snow Hall
Phone: (785) 864-7307
Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2009.
BS in Mathematics, minor in Physics, Ball State University, 2005.
I am interested in the existence, stability, and dynamics of nonlinear waves in a variety of partial differential equations that arise in applied mathematics and mathematical physics.
Along with my collaborators Pascal Noble (U. Toulouse), Miguel Rodrigues (U. Rennes), and
Kevin Zumbrun (IU), I was honored to recieve the
2015 SIAM Activity
Group on Analysis of PDE Outstanding Paper Prize.
- Picture from the prize ceremony, featuring M.J., Miguel, and Kevin.
I have been honored to recieve several recent teaching awards:
- 2014 G. Baley Price Award for Outstanding Teaching of Graduate Mathematics, awarded by KU math grad students.
- 2015 Outstanding Honors Course Award, awarded by KU Honors Program.
- 2016 Don & Pat Morrison Foundation Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Upcoming & Recent Conferences / Workshops
- SIAM Conference on
Nonlinear Waves and Coherent Structures, August 8-11, 2016.
- 2nd Annual Meeting of SIAM Central States Section, September 30-October 2, 2016.
Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, March 10-12, 2017
- The Tenth IMACS Conf. on Nonlinear Waves, March 29-April 01, 2017.
- Geometrical Methods, non Self-Adjoint Spectral Problems, and Stability of Periodic Structures, Workshop at CMO, June 18 - June 23, 2017.
Math Related Links
Friends and Collaborators With Home Pages